Bag Lady!

I don't know what my problem is, but I am becoming a purse nut. Sure I could go ga-ga over designer shoes, especially since I am only 5'2" and love killer heels, but for some reason, I am increasingly lusting after purses. Weird.

Anyway, if you're a handbag lover you might be interested in this site: bagborroworsteal.com. It's sort of like Netflix, but for purses. And much more expensive. How it works is simple: you open an account and then "rent" (for lack of a better word) a purse. Bag Borrow or Steal has a pretty decent collection of designer bags in all sizes, shapes, and colors. You pay either the weekly or monthly rate for the bag you want for as long as you have it, and then you send it back for the next bag. If you fall in love with a purse, you can even keep it (but you have to pay for it...of course!).

Now, be warned: this site could set you back a pretty penny. I found myself drooling over the unrelentingly red Gucci above. Here's the cost: $70.00 a week or $206.00 a month. Yikes! The scary thing is that there are several other bags on the site (like a few of the Fendis I was admiring) that cost $275 a month. $275 a month? That was more than my monthly CAR PAYMENT when I bought my very first car. Damn!

I don't think I'll be joining bagborroworsteal.com anytime soon, but if you have some money to spend and you're a bag fiend, check out this site! For now, I'll just enjoy my cute little Coach bag.

Blog Archive