Resolutions, Anyone?

Happy 2008 to all of you! Here's hoping this year is better than 2007.

So with the start of the new year, I have to ask: Do you make any big New Year's Resolutions? If so, leave me a comment and let me know what you have planned for 08.

I am not a big fan of resolutions, though I guess there are a few goals for the new year that I should be considering. Here are four things I need to work on, in no particular order:
  • Be a better blogger! I seem to go in waves of productivity, so I'd like to be more consistent in that regard. I don't think I can promise for a post a day, but 4 to 5 posts a week is probably doable.
  • Find THE skin care products that make me look amazing. This might take a lot of trial and error because there are so many products on the market. That said, I'd like to find what works for me--a really good cleanser, a decent day cream, a kick ass night cream, a perfect eye cream, maybe even a few decent special treatments as well. Now that I am over 30, I need to amp up my fight against wrinkles and "maturing" skin issues. I'll be on the lookout for products that fight the signs of aging without draining my wallet. I stand firm on my belief that no one needs a $200 face cream...ever!
  • Write more. Along with my blogging, I also (attempt to) write. I did it a lot when I was younger, but work and life seem to get in the way of my literary desires. This year I'd like to focus on writing and send some things out for possible publication. We'll see how that goes!
  • Remember that my job is just a job, not my life. Everyone likes to feel important and everyone wants to feel like their job is making a difference. I am no exception. However, this year I need to realign my priorities and leave work at work. Work is only a means of affording my life and hobbies...I have to stop letting it define me. Now, I am not saying that I am going to slack off at work or be anything less than professional--I'm just saying that I need to care a little less about it. That's all.
Alright--that's it for me and my priorities for 2008. Let me know if you have any resolutions by leaving a comment.

Blog Archive