In Between Days

Even though I know better, there is one beauty bad habit I have a hard time breaking: I like to wash my hair every day. Oh the shame! I know, I know...washing that often can fade my hair color and strip away the natural oils in my lovely locks. But I love the way my hair feels, looks, and smells when I wash it daily.
Hello, I'm Lydia and I'm a shampoo-aholic!

I'm trying to stop my clean-loving ways and am now (unhappily) washing only every other day. On the non-washed day, my hair feels slightly greasy and doesn't hang well. This is why I prefer the daily cleansing!

However, there MAY be hope for me yet! Several higher end hair companies make so-called dry shampoos that are designed to be used on the in between days. Here are a few to check out--I may just need to make a purchase to give one of these a test run:
  • Pronto Dry Shampoo by Oscar Blandi, $11-$19 (depending on size). This lemon-scented dry shampoo contains all natural ingredients and relies on tapioca to absorb excess oils and products from the hair and scalp, leaving behind more volume and a refreshing scent.
  • Rub Out Dry Cleaner by Ojon, $24. This spray-on dry cleanser promises to leave hair cleansed, light, shiny, and healthy looking. It also won't leave the hair's texture overly dry. Instead it simply removes the toxins and other gunk added to the hair (like pollutants and products).
  • Naturia Dry Shampoo by Rene Furterer, $23. Also a spray-on dry shampoo, this product contains oil-absorbing kaolin clay, silica, rice, and cornstarch. As an added bonus, it includes peppermint oil that will add some refreshing zing while softening hair.
I guess with one of these products, I could go a day or even longer without washing my hair. Perfect for making my hair color last as long as possible!

Blog Archive