Beauty Product of the Week: Buxom Lips

What is it? Bare Escentuals' Buxom Lips is "a pout perfecting lip polish. Naturally creates the look of fuller, more voluptuous lips. This mineral-infused polish imparts a luminous high shine with no sticky or tacky feeling. A deep infusion of antioxidant vitamins A and E help keep lips soft, smooth, and protected, while the tingly and cooling sensation reminds you that your lips are getting an immediate increase in fullness." Available wherever Bare Escentual products are sold for $18 a tube.

What did you think? Admittedly, when I think of Bare Escentuals, I first think about their kick-ass BareMinerals and Mineral Veil products. In my mind, Bare Escentuals is all about the foundation. However, I recently tried out their best-selling Buxom Lips, and I am a convert!

Buxom Lips comes many flattering shades, so finding a pretty color is a piece of cake. The gloss goes on easily and provides a good amount of color. Some glosses provide too much shine and not enough color and other glosses give color but no shine. Buxom Lips gives the perfect blend of shine and color.

Because Buxom Lips also plumps lips, it makes the shape look better and it gives off a pleasant tingle. I think the way Buxom Lips feels on my lips is the main reason I like the product so much. It doesn't burn or sting like some lip plumpers....instead it provides this minty, refreshingly cool feel that lasts a good long time.

The final verdict? I love this product! If you're in the market for a new gloss, add this to your shopping list. And look out for variations of Buxom Lips. There's a full color version on the market that provides deeper, richer colors that will be perfect for the fall/winter. Buxom Lips rocks!

Blog Archive