My fight against uneven skintone

I have pimples and whiteheads and all that stuff that comes with having combination/oily skin. I deal with that, no prob. But my biggest fight is against uneven skin tone. Dark spots makes me so self conscious! I hate to go out without wearing at least a bit of concealer, I feel everybody is looking at me saying, wow, look at that skin(I know, maybe it's all in my head, but it bothers me).

It's all my fault, I know. I should have wear more sunscreen through out my teenager years and during my 20's. But in those days moisturizers with SPF weren't available as much as today and besides, it was cool to have a REAL tan all the time...stupid, yeah. =/

I have used many products, the so called fading cremes. None of them worked really. But finally (yeah!) I have found two products that seem to be helping my skin like no other. And they are so cheap! They are: Dermisa Skin Fade Cream and Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub.

I'll wish to tell you how I use them and have worked for me.

EQUATE MEDICATED APRICOT SCRUB



This is Walmart's generic version of the St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub. Okay, this stuff is amazing. I have used other scrubs, but none like this one. I've been using it every night for quite some time, after removing my makeup. I am careful to scrub my face softly, I know the risk of overdoing it with the scrubbing. My face is so soft after using this! It is medicated (meaning it has salicylic acid), so it helps with the stupid acne. I have huge pores and I assure you, I have never seen them so clean, LOL! It is so cheap, about $4.oo USD and it does the job wonderfully. Love it.

Again, if you decide to try this product, go soft with the scrubbing. You could end up inducing your skin to produce more oil and also irritate it.

DERMISA FADE SKIN CREAM



I also found this at Walmart, but I know mayor drugstores like Walgreens also sell it. This is the one and only fading cream that has helped with the dark spots right away. One of the first things I love about this cream is that my skin absorbs it very quickly, you don't get stuck with greasy stuff (like all of the others creams I have used before). That is very important for my oily areas, I hate to add more oily stuff that could clog my pores. The other things is that, although it says a person should expect results in 4 to 6 weeks, I've obtained results in less time. I see how the spots are less noticeable. That has never happened to me before. This product also has Vitamin C, which has helped to soften the texture of the skin. I think I will stick with this one. I bought it for about $12 in Walmart.

I feel so good with these products, I am posting photos of yours truly without any makeup. I am showing you the sides of my face so you can see what I'm talking about.














Great product. And it helps they are so cheap! I'm happy. =D


Vivan, Amen y RĂ­an!
(Live, Love and Laugh!)

Blog Archive