Beauty Product of the Week: Exfoliating Scrub

What is it? Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub is a "skin-clearing, water-based scrub for strong, oily skins. De-flakes, refines, softens tiny lines. Leaves skin refreshed." Available at Sephora and wherever Clinique products are sold for $18.

What did you think? Clinique's description of this product is insanely stark, but also accurate. While I don't have strong, oily skin, I've been using this product off and on for the past 20 years (really? How in the world did I get so old?!?) and have loved the results. Whenever I try a new facial exfoliator, I inevitably compare it to Clinique's old stand-by. And product after product, I like what I get from Clinique better.

My skin feels smooth and soft after using this scrub. It doesn't strip away any of the good oils in my skin, but instead sloughs away the dead cells that can dull my complexion. My skin looks rosier (in a good way!) and the texture feels so much better when I use this product.

The final verdict? In my world, Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub is a consistent, reliable, effective product. Also, for less than $20, this is very reasonably priced. Add this to your skin care routine (use it twice a week), and you'll be happy with the results. I know I am! My skin's tone and texture are much improved. I've loved this product forever, and it remains one of my top 10 beauty products of all time.

Blog Archive