It's hot out there! Summer foundation combo #2: Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation & Concealer

Another makeup combo I like using during hot/humid days: Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup and concealer.

I've been trying so many different foundations for the last few months that I've relegated my EL Double Wear foundation. So today I gave it some love again: hot day outside and I was feeling particularly picky about my skin today. It wanted for it to look soft and nice but it certainly didn't feel like it.

In my review of the EL DW foundation, I didn't know if would buy it again because the Revlon Colorstay is a really good dupe.  But hey, I know now I will need to have a bottle of this at hand forever.  It is just amazing and its differences with the Colorstay (read my review) make it worth the buy.  For me, this is the foundation for a flawless finish that lasts and lasts and lasts.  And after taking many pics I've decided 3W1-Tawny is a great shade for me. I no longer mix it with any other foundation.

IMPORTANT: Double Wear is medium to full coverage foundation so for a light application I get some product in the palm of my hands, rubbed both hands together and then apply it in my face like if it were some kind of lotion. I love this type of foundation application (read this post by 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic). The foundation feels so natural on my face, I forget I have it on.

 

The Double Wear Concealer is an amazing product.  It is creamy, does not sit on my wrinkles -- **yes, I have wrinkles--it sucks**--, provides great coverage and does not moves, seriously.  One thing though: you have to work a bit faster with it compared to other concealers before it settles.  Its has a satin/natural finish. I do recommend applying a good eye cream underneath it.

I did some errands today, alternating between air-conditioned and outdoor spaces. My makeup stood up to sweat and remained pretty good after 6 hours of wear --when I took the pics below.   Granted: I did not sweat as much as the last time (when I posted combo #1)  but still. I'm always impressed when I blot a few hours after applying it and the blotting paper shows almost no residue of my makeup. Good stuff.

NOTE: My eye makeup is not such a big thing, I just like to make my eyes look awake and even out the color in the eyelids 'cause they are very dark. If I know I'm going to be running around I prefer a neutral look or just emphasize my eyes by applying mascara on the top lashes.

**All pics are clickable**
 Me without makeup, yay!!!! LOL
 

 After 6 hours (No flash pics)--Yes, I was tired and I have 
wrinkles **sighs** (that's why I love flash pics, lol):
ETA: I forgot to add that I like to set my makeup with my MAC Fix+ Spray. I do this before applying my mascara.  The Fix+ helps to tone down a powdery face and leaves the skin with a beautiful dewy look.

FACE
Primer--Walgreens Sunscreen with Zinc Oxide and Smashbox Photo Finish on cheeks and forehead
Foundation--Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup SPF 10 in 3W1 Tawny
Powder--Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Beige Medium (applied with a cosmetic puff)
Concealer--Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Concealer SPF 10 in Medium
Blush--MAC Eversun Beauty Powder (LE)

EYES
TFSI
Concealer--Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Concealer SPF 10 in Medium (on the eyelids)
REVLON Photo Ready Translucent Finisher (on the eyeslids and top of the cheeks)
MAC Zoom Lash mascara in ZoomBlack
MAC Eye Brow Pencil in Stud

LIPS
Sally Hansen Healing Butter for Lips
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Sunset
Sally Hansen Lipnotic Gem Gloss in Bejeweled (I think these were discontinued)



¡Vivan, amen y rían!

Blog Archive