Review+Swatches: ELF Studio Bronzers

Since I've been impressed with the E.L.F products I've bought in these past months (click here and here) I decided to try the STUDIO Bronzers...aaaaand it helped that they were 50% off at the ELF cosmetics website, hehehe.


ELF Studio Bronzers --- Reg. $3.00 for 12.3g
I bought the bronzers in Warm and Golden.  Warm has a touch of shimmer that gives my skin a lovely glow without being so apparent. I find it is great for my NC 35-37 skintone. Golden is listed also as a bronzers, but I use it more as a highlight. It really illuminates a dull skin.  You may want to have a light hand with these products. 

Application:  After watching many videos and reading about proper bronzer application, I prefer by now to apply the Warm bronzer with my MAC 129 in circular motions on my nose, cheeks, forehead and below my chin. I'm still learning how to do it correctly.  I use Golden with a brush like Sephora Professional Flat Brush #42 which gives a more precise application.

I do wish these powder were a bit more finely milled but they are not hard to blend. I just need to remember to add a little bit at a time.  Also, ELF should consider adding a warm matte bronzer to the Studio line. The other shade ("Cool") seems to be matte but is not for yellow undertoned ladies like me.

I think these bronzers are awesome, they look great on my skin and come on: you just can't beat the price (btw, I ended up paying just $1.50 each, ELF offer great coupons from time to time.)  If you are starting with makeup or learning to use bronzers, I would recommend to give these a try.








All colors mixed together

Rating: 4.5/5 (Great quality for the price and quantity offered, great elegant packaging, lovely colors; wish it would be more finely milled and that ELF could provide a matte bronzer for warm skintones and I personally consider the "Golden" bronzer more of a highlighter because of the shimmer --though ELF does indicates in the box that it provides an illuminating shimmer;  But again, for the given price, this product is just really nice)

Ah! And of course I got 2 others Studio Powder Brushes because I'm in love with them. I love it for foundation application (liquid and powder), blush, blending, etc... It is amazing.  LOL, I spent just $6 USD for all 4 products.  


Hope you all are having a nice weekend. It's a 3-day weekend for us here and I'm very grateful for that because these past weeks have been crazy and super busy for all of us.


¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!

Blog Archive