Holiday Hair That Will Knock 'Em Dead!

I've been obsessing over hair lately.  If you're a regular reader of this blog, you'll know that I recently devoted two weeks worth of posts to hair tips and product reviews.  Since then, I've been working on bettering my hair styling habits.  I'm washing my hair less frequently (my goal is to only wash my locks twice a week), and am trying to take a little more time and put a little more effort into getting my hair styled daily.

Now that the holiday season is upon us, no doubt you're going to more social events than normal.  Between matinees at the Nutcracker, office parties, cookie swaps, and other events, you're a busy lady and you need to look great.  Here's a great 'do that will keep you looking stylish all the way through your New Year's Eve events. 

The tips for getting this style come from Jet Rhys, and the steps to completing this look don't seem that complicated...even to a hair styling flunkie like me!

Step #1 Spray Bumble and Bumble's dry shampoo throughout your hair, this will give hair ton's of body and volume to work with.


Step #2 Roll sections of hair in hot roller's, anywhere from 8 to 12 roller's in all. let cool for about 15 minutes. Take out the roller's, use a Mason Pearson brush to lightly brush through your hair.

Step #3 Take a thin elastic headband place it around your head. Tip your head upside down, shake your head to wake up your curl's,lift your head upright. Using both hands place the headband down on the head behind the hairline. Try the clear headband by goodie, these headbands are perfect for updo's.

Step #4 Take a few random section's of hair and wrap them around your finger, this keep's the hair bouncy and springy for a glamorous look.

Step #5 To keep this look picture perfect for the party finish with a soft holding spray, like L'oreal Paris Studio Line finishing spray.

Blog Archive