Stuff Those Stockings!

Holy cow!  We have less than two weeks to go before Christmas is upon us.  Are you done with your shopping?  If so, I hate you good for you!  If now, welcome to my world. 

My mother-in-law lives half way across the country from us (she's down in Texas) and we don't get to see her on a regular basis.  This makes gift-giving tough.  This year, we decided to do something fun: we sent her a stocking filled with silly little gift.  I don't know about you, but when I was a kid, opening all the stocking gifts rocked.  "Santa" always filled my stockings with the best stuff.

If you need to fill someone's stocking this year, here are a few ideas:

A really kick-ass comb.  I know, it sounds a little strange, but having a high quality tool makes all the difference in the world.  I have a ton of super cheap plastic combs, but I recently received a handmade wide tooth comb by Creative Professionals.  It's made from cellulose acetate and the teeth are rounded.  There are no barbs or jagged pieces of plastic that snag, which is nice. The wide tooth comb is perfect for combing back wet hair--it's not as rough as a brush and using the higher quality tool is amazing!  See below for a coupon!







Breath spray!  When I think of breath spray, I am reminded of my middle school days when I first tried Binaca.  Remember that stuff?  Now I'm more of a gum chewer, but chewing on a wad of gun isn't the most classy thing you can do.  I just received a sample of Sweet Breath and, though I am not sure I could trade in spray for my gum, the stuff isn't half bad.  And it's a heck of a lot better than old school Binaca.  It's a non-aerosol formula that doesn't dry out your mouth like Binaca did...instead it leaves behind a cool, minty feeling.  Not bad, especially for anyone foolish enough who smokes.

Dry shampoo in a can.  I've tried so many different versions of dry shampoo, but I finally have a favorite: Batiste.  It comes in a spray can, so it's as easy to control as hairspray.  It has a nice, light scent, and it seems to add more volume to dirty hair.  I've been using this on my non-wash days with very happy results.  I can't recommend this stuff enough.

So there you go...a few stocking ideas.  What do you hope to find in your stocking?

Blog Archive