Decisions, Decisions!

I've had a wild thought race through my mind lately: What if I chop off my hair?

I'm not entirely sure what my problem is, but I am growing increasingly tired of my long, boring hair. I know I need to cut it. After all, it's just hanging there, looking overly blonde and lacking any real style. But here's the thing I'm trying to figure out: How short do I want to go?

Part of me says GO FOR IT! Cut it off and go crazy. If I did, here are two looks I'm digging.

Then part of me says sure, cut it, but don't do anything rash. Get a nice, easy to care for mid-length 'do. Kind of like this.

I'm so confused!

I had short hair--really short, like boy short--when I was younger. I was in my last year of high school and wanted a new look. I kept my super short locks for awhile, but then my hair grew out and I've been at various lengths of medium to long hair ever since.

My hubby's hair is insanely long. It's almost always longer than mine no matter how long I let my locks grow out. He doesn't care what I do with my hair, and in my opinion he shouldn't really have a say anyway.

I was in the salon last month getting my hair colored and this woman came in saying she wanted something easy to take care of, that her kids wouldn't pull at, but something that made her look pretty. Then she said, "But my husband doesn't like short hair, so it has to be at my shoulders." I felt like telling her that it's her hair, not her husband's and that she should cut it anyway she wanted.

Anyway, I pose this to you: how do you feel about drastic makeovers? And how much weight should a spouse or partner's opinion have in deciding your style?

Blog Archive