LORAC EYESHADOWS & LIPSTICKS: QUICK REVIEW AND SWATCHES

Back in October I received my LORAC order from Hautelook.com. I bought 4 eye shadows and 3 lipsticks for a grand total of USD $39.95 ($5 each product plus $4.95 std shipping).  Yeah, apparently I saved $94.  That's pretty good in my book.  You can also get these products with VIP discount at the LORAC website.


EYE SHADOWS

Let's talk eye shadows first.  The ones I got sell for $17 (regular price). I bought Mesmerize, Joy, Persuasion and Reverie. Super lovely.

 "This unique, long-lasting, non-irritating gentle formula is infused with soothing botanicals such as Calendula and Cornflower. Shade, shadow and define with this versatile range of color that can be used wet or dry to create any  Red Carpet look you desire."

I don't know about Calendula or Cornflower but I agree with the non-irritating part. I have a few eye shadows (including some MAC/depends on the finish) that indeed do that and it's not nice.  I can use these shadows and not feel my eyes all itchy. They are very soft and velvety --even the ones with shimmer-- and have great pigmentation. They look great wet or dry.  Try them wet first as a base and then apply them dry and they will last for hours.



The only thing I don't like? I don't know if I will pay $17 for them. A bit pricier than other great eye shadows.  The selection of colors is decent.  If you can get them on sale, go for it.

MESMERIZE--Peach w/ Gold Shimmer
(similar to MAC's Evening Aura)



JOY--Pink w/ Gold Shimmer
 


PERSUASION--Creamy beige with sheen
(similar to MAC's Shroom)



REVERIE--Espresso with shimmer
(Amazing Taupe shade)






Swatches of the e/s (dry)



LIPSTICKS
Wow, these babies are very moisturizing. I swatched them without applying lipbalm first (something I do most of the times). My lips look and feel amazing.  The cream formula provides more coverage; the sheer one just provide a hint of color, giving the lips a very healthy appearance. 

I got the following shades: Pure Poetry, Charity and Rita. Regular price is $19 but the sale price was $5.  Again, these can also be found in the VIP section at the LORAC website.


Pure Poetry and Charity turned out to be very similar between them (yeah, it sucks, they look almost identical on my lips). Pure Poetry just has a bit of shimmer.  They are both excellent nude colors, like a pink-ish brown.  Rita is...mmm..a light pink-coral color.  If I wish for the color to show more on my lips, I need to use a lip pencil of a nude or similar shade.  But I just like the color it provides alone.


I think they are a bit pricey, but only because in my mind I'm comparing them with the Maybelline Moisture Extreme L/S. You can easily find dupes of these LORAC shades in the Maybelline brand.


Anyway, excellent product.




 






 






 

Well, hope this post is helpful to some of you.


¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!

Blog Archive