My rating scale explained ('bout time, hey!)


By now I've done lots of reviews in this blog.  Some of them has a rating value, some of them don't.  Sometimes you just get to read some of my thoughts about an specific product.  I always thought it was pretty logical the meaning of the values but for some reason, after all this time, I think it's time to write down the a-b-c of it.

My rating scale is very simple; it goes from 0 to 5:

0 -- Product is so, SO bad, it should be taken out of the market. Period.
1 -- Product is bad/very bad; Poor quality; It does not delivers what it promises; Manufacturer needs to change many things to make it at least regular or average.
2 -- Regular product; It may have more bad than good qualities, could have been better; Looked promising but then it's was just...blaaah; It has a couple of nice qualities but I wouldn't buy again nor recommend it.
3 -- Good; Could be consider an average product; Meet expectations; It has nice qualities/characteristics but doesn't have that certain something-something that will make it stand-out from the rest; I would consider buying it again.
4 -- Very Good product quality; Delivers almost everything it promises; Just one or two minor details to improve; Makes me happy; Exceeds expectations; I would buy again and recommend it.
5 -- Magnificent/Excellent product; Outstanding performance; Definition of perfection, nothing wrong with it; Super great packaging, delivers what it promises, and goes above and beyond all expectations. Money is no object.
 
Besides establishing these values, you've already seen that I like to provide pictures, swatches and my overall experience with the product.  When I rate a product I usually write at the right of the rating the reasons for giving it that specific value and sometimes I also comment on what could be improved.

This rating scale can be edited and/or change.  You will be notified if or when I do it.
 
Hope this helps.  Thanks!  =D

Blog Archive