The Thrill Is Gone...

It happens to the best of us, but lately I've noticed that a few of my favorite beauty products--my old faithfuls--have let me down a bit. Here are my top three "I'm not feeling it anymore" products:
  1. Great Lash by Maybelline. Say it ain't so! Once my favorite inexpensive mascara on the market, Great Lash seems sorta ho-hum to me now. I am not exactly sure what's happened, but the last time I cracked open a tube, it seemed too clumpy and a bit, well, cheap. I've been a big fan of Great Lash for years and I do plan to give them a chance at redemption, but for now, I'm going to find something else.

  2. Lip Venom by DuWop. I was a Lip Venom addict, especially when it first came out. I liked the cinnamon-y bite of the lip plumper, and I also liked the way it made my lips shine. Now? It seems like Lip Venom has lost it's bite. It seems to fade away too quickly in my opinion. Plus I was really unimpressed with their Lip Venom V, the plumper with color that tied in with Twilight.

  3. Bare Minerals by Bare Essentials. I am not sure why, but I have fallen out of love with this mineral foundation. Maybe they've saturated the market too much? Maybe I'm just ready for a change? Whatever the case may be, I'm going to search for something new once my current foundation is used up.
So sorry formerly loved beauty products. It's not you...it's me. Except, maybe it IS you. Ugh. I guess time moves on, things change, and what was awesome 4 years ago doesn't quite cut it today.

Have you been let down by a much loved beauty product? Leave me a comment and tell me about it!

And...don't forget to become a fan of Kiss and Makeup on Facebook!

Blog Archive