What Were You Doing When You Were 15?

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I was 15, my biggest ambitions in life were getting through high school in one piece, having decent friends, and maybe, just maybe, landing myself a super cute boyfriend. My teen years were not my best.

Anyway, I mention this because I recently received some samples of skin care products made by a 15 year old. Geesh, I'm feeling old. Teenager Ava Anderson has launched the first line of skin care and cosmetics in which every ingredient in every product scores ZERO on the Cosmetics Database toxicity scale.

Anderson became concerned with all the potentially hazardous products found in everyday skin care and cosmetics products and decided to do something about it. With her the help of her parents, she's launched Ava Anderson Non-Toxic Cleanser, Toner, Moisturizer, Exfoliator, Lip Scrub and Eye Makeup Remover Pads. Each is formulated with truly safe ingredients, they provide gentle cleansing, moisturizing, conditioning, nourishing and protection for every day healthy skin.
I've been trying out several of these products and they're very good. I expected them to be very sugary and sweet smelling since they were made by a teenager, but I was pleasantly surprised to find them fresh and clean scented. The face wash is nice--it rivals my favorite Purity Made Simple in providing a gentle, thorough cleansing. The eye makeup remover pads get the job done, and the lip scrub is minty and invigorating.

Pretty impressive stuff from a 15 year old!

If you're interested in checking out the Ava Anderson Non-Toxic line, head over to her website.

Blog Archive