REVIEW: Wet N Wild Intuitive Blend Foundation

NAME: WnW Intuitive Blend Shade Adjusting Foundation+Primer
AVAILABLE SHADES: 4 (Fair, Light, Medium and Tan); I bought the Medium one.
DESCRIPTION: As per the WetNWild Website: "This revolutionary shade-adjusting technology starts out white and adjust to match your exact skin tone. Unique primer properties smooth skin texture for perfect application."
PRICE: $6-$7 USD (I got it for $6.99)
MY SKIN:  I have combination skin (oily T-zone with normal to dry cheeks); A little sensitive (not much), may have some redness; I have NC 35-40 skin by MAC standards (depends on the foundation); I have acne and scarring; I suffer from Melasma (hyperpigmentation).

SO?:  **Sighs** Oh gosh, where to start --yeah, that gives you a hint of my experience with it.  

I was excited to try this. Foundation and Primer in one? Wow, that is good. Sadly, this just does not works for me.  It doesn't show on my face. That's it.  You know me: before quitting on a product, I look for ways to make it work.  I have tried different methods of application, all to no avail.  I tried layering but it balls up a bit.  Maybe I need the next shade, "Tan". But I didn't buy it because I thought it would be too dark.


I think my dissapointment with this product is based on me instantly comparing it with the Almay Smart Shade Makeup.  I tried it last year (in "Medium") and though I didn't like it (it oxidized badly and didn't help in the oil-control dept), it did provided a natural finish with light to medium coverage.  The beads in the Intuitive Blend foundation are way bigger compared to the ones in the Smart Shade Makeup.  The packaging is similar on both and I have to say I like it very much.

The Intuitive Blend Foundation in the Medium shade is just invisible on my skin.  You would say "well, you are not supposed to see the foundation so that is great".  Okay, but it does not covers anything.

 

 

I know, I know: I don't have perfect skin, I suffer from Melasma and acne and have huge pores.  But I thought since the Almay one offer some coverage, I would try this for those days I don't want full coverage and my skin is behaving. I could always cover my dark spots with one of my favorite concealers.

Honestly, look at this pics.  It's like nothing's there.   


The other day I saw  this video from Emily Noel and felt she took the words right out of my mouth:


Completely agree with her "tinted primer" comment.

I should mention that when I apply it to my face, I feel this burning sensation for a few seconds and my face is red for at least a minute---not good!  (THANK GOD I tested this at home on a weekend).  Also the foundation dries really fast, and I think it caused some minor zits.

On the good side, I did noticed that it does a GREAT job keeping my oilies at bay. Also, it does not oxidizes.

Funny thing is I applied my Studio Fix Powder Foundation on top of it and I discovered the Intuitive Blend foundation is a perfect primer for the SFP, if not the best I've tried with it.  I would probably use it like that (with the SFP) but again, I won't because of the burning feeling. 

I feel this foundation will work perfectly for ladies with great, almost perfect skin that is not sensitive.  Or use it as a primer with other foundation on top.  I do recommend moisturizing your skin very well if you decide to try it.  

Me? Well, you guessed right: I'm not buying it again.

RATING:  2/5 (good packaging, controls oil, good primer;  burning feeling when applied (huge NO-NO)--btw, my skin is not that sensitive--, low almost non-existent coverage, dries too fast, "balls up" if too much is applied; I feel I didn't get a foundation as it is supposed to be)


NOTE: I do have some other drugstore foundations to review, but experiences like this make me want to save some money and try more higher-end foundations.  =/


Hope this review is helpful to you.
¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!

Blog Archive