Fly Girl

Next Friday (Halloween) is my 5th wedding anniversary. To celebrate, my husband and I are taking a week off of work. We're flying back east to visit the southern coast of Maine where we honeymooned oh-so many years ago.

I don't travel as often as I'd like, but I fly more than I'd like (flying is the pits!). When it comes to taking a trip that involves serious amounts of packing and traveling, I pare down my makeup collection to my absolute essentials. Honestly, the less I have to pack, the better.

So what am I packing for this trip? Here are the only items I'm taking with me...my beauty must haves:
  • Olay Complete UV Protection Moisture Lotion: My everyday moisturizer--I can't leave home without it! And while on vacation, I'll use it both morning and night. No need for a separate night cream.
  • Pur Minerals Starter Kit: This has everything I'll need for my face--a 4-in-1 mineral foundation, and two choices for blush, either a pink or brown hue (I use the brown on my eyes instead of packing a separate eyeshadow!)
  • Eyeliner: I use a super cheap no-name eyeliner pencil in dark brown...I don't need any more than that for this trip!
  • Great Lash: quite possibly my favorite drugstore product ever!
  • Maybelline Volume XL Seduction Lip Plumper: this is my go-to lip product. It's easy to pack, it feels good on, and costs less than $10. You really can't go wrong with this one.
  • Burt's Bees Lip Balm: if I need to explain why this is a beauty essential, you obviously haven't joined the Burt's Bees cult yet!
  • My favorite tools: including tweezers, a couple of brushes, and a brow/lash brush.
  • A gentle face cleansing cream. For this trip, I'm going retro and am taking a tube of St. Ives Apricot Scrub, which I'll be doing a Beauty Product of the Week review of in the coming weeks.
That's about it! The hotel we're staying at provides us with nice hand and body creams from Bath and Body Works, so I don't have to pack any of that stuff with me. I'm not packing anything expensive or exotic. Instead I want to have as few products as possible. I'll let my natural beauty shine through on this trip. Ha!

What are your beauty essentials? What products would you never travel without?

Blog Archive