Product Review: Neutrogena Moistureshine Soothing Lipsheers

A few months ago I bought my first Lipsheer from Neutrogena, the Peach Sorbet one. Since I loved it so much, I decide to buy a whole bunch more from Ulta.com. I really like this lipsticks or lipbalms or however you see it. LOL


Product Name: Neutrogena Moistureshine Soothing Lipsheers
Shades: Available in more than 10 shades (they just added 6 new ones. Go to: Neutrogena.com and see the new ones at Ulta.com --for some reason the new shades aren't listed on Neutrogena's website o_O )
Price: $8.99 USD (but you can get them on sale at different retailers, like BOGO free!!)

Description: Neutrogena write on its website "Neutrogena MoistureShine Soothing LipSheers instantly soothe dry lips with sheer, cooling color. Moisture-infused formula contains SPF 20 to protect lips. This sheer, elegant lip color feels as good as it looks. The advanced formula contains moisturizing emollients and vitamin E to instantly soften and hydrate, while SPF 20 guards against sun damage. A unique cooling sensation soothes on contact."

These lipsheers come in a "sleek metal shade" and comes in more than 10 shades (and they just added 6 new ones).

My take on them: I like them. What is most important to me is how do they feel on my lips and their staying power. They remind me of some of the MAC Slimshines, but Neutrogena's Lipsheers has SPF20 --always a plus. I love how they feel on my lips, like a balm, and the minty sensation is so nice. They don't stay on much, not even 2 hours --MAC Slimshines do. That is why I consider these lipsheers a balm. Glimmering Orchid even has some glitter (I think?) that makes it really shimmery.

I don't like that when they are fading away they can get a bit drying, not too much, but you can feel it (I've had the same experience with some lipbalms. It's weird since they are supposed to give moisture to your lips). I tried using MAC Prep+Prime for lips first, but got the same result.

Normally when I apply lipstick or gloss, I apply primer or lipbalm first on my lips. I like that with these ones I just put them on and go!

From the shades I bought (the ones I show you below) my favorites have to be Ruby Bliss, Pink Splash and Peach Sorbet (I've shown Peach Sorbet in some of my earlier posts). Least favorite is Spring Blossom, my lips look like death.


Rating: 3.5/5










Ruby Bliss, one of my fave...



Glimmering Orchid: this one is
sparkly and shimmery





Vivan, Amen y RĂ­an!
(Live, Love and Laugh!)

Blog Archive