My big birthday haul! (Yey!!)...and some thoughts.

So............. next Saturday is my b-day! 36! Wow...36. You know, I feel strange being so "old" but feeling so young inside, you know?. Not that 36 is old, is just that I remember being little and thinking people 30 and over were ancient. Now....NO WAY!!! ROFL! laugh smiley Pictures, Images and Photos

Sometimes I see my reflection on the mirror and ask myself "Do I really look like that?/ Do I really have wrinkles? (I have one of those "expression" wrinkles on my forehead; my Cannon DC is so lovely as to hide most of it in the pics)/Hell, another gray hair?" Then I just laugh.

I'll tell you something. For the last year I have tried to change in the manner of not thinking negative about me in any way. Like "I'm so fat" (which I still am, not making it up or exaggerating) or "I'm horrible". It has been really hard. Believe it or not, makeup has helped with this new attitude. It helps me feel more pretty, I won't deny it. That's one of the reasons I work hard to do it right (I'n still learning new things everyday!).

I deal with my "fat" issues everyday, not easy since I always was and am the fat one in my whole family. Really, all my cousins were and still are so thin. Funny, looking back I see a girl who developed too much at a young age. Wow, I had such a perfect body but everybody called me fat. That didn't help so I ate like crazy to forget all about it (ironic!). And then I became really really fat. To make a long story short, I've spent all my life trying not to look too much at myself, just doing what was necessary to look and appear presentable. About two years ago I got tired of it, exhausted of hiding (if that makes any sense). And last year I decided to do something more and try makeup and stand out from the rest!. ---->It's kinda backfired, now I'm addicted! LOL

Another thing is that I wanted to stop referring to myself as "OMG I look hideous" "Terrible" "Don't look at me, I know I look scary" "Wow, I hate my skin, so many dark spots!" ...stuff like that. I think I hadn't done that for quite some time now. Now I think I'm beautiful and gorgeous and...modest? Hehe...

I have to say my husband has always found my extremely beautiful and he is ALWAYS telling me how pretty and gorgeous and sexy I am. I always tell him I'm not but on my mind I go "Hurray Me!". He is such a great guy.

So yeah, I think I have done a nice job taking better care of myself, thinking positive and trying to look better for these past year. Come to think of it, all of those things are so related. One goes hand in hand with the others. Kisses to me.

What I would like to see now is more ladies --young or old-- saying and thinking the same: that they are all gorgeous and we all are the most beautiful creatures ever created...which I think is true, we just forget sometimes. I think that when we start loving ourselves more, that love will be reflected on others as patience, peace, tolerance and understanding.

Okay, I'll stop now. (I know you are already thinking I've gone mental).

I went today to my local MAC store and got so many goodies! Courtesy of my husband (didn't I tell you he was the greatest?)

Here's a pic:



1. Blush Pro-Palette
2. Springsheen Blush
3. Cheery
4. Sunbasque
5. Frankly Scarlet
6. Face & Body foundation-C6
7. Strobe Lotion
8. Eyebrow Self-Sharpening Pencil-Stud
9. Paint Pot-Soft Ochre
10. Prep+Prime Eyes-Light
11. Embark e/s
12. Swiss Chocolate e/s
13. Concrete e/s
14. Brushes: 150, 225, 213
15. Lutreglass: Pinkarat and Wonderstruck
16. Sample of Mineralize Satinfinish SPF15 Foundation
17. Full Coverage foundation--C40

I'm exited about the matte e/s I got and the frankly scarlet blush, it's like WOW! I'll be doing swatches soon.

If you would like to see a specif one just let me know.

L8R!



Vivan, Amen y RĂ­an!
(Live, Love and Laugh!)


Blog Archive