I Need YOUR Advice!

Okay--I answer lots of beauty questions, but now I have a few questions for you. I need advice and I'm turning to my blog for the answers! Yes, this is self-serving, but hey...it's my blog so by definition it's self-serving.

Here's what I need help with:

1) I am a natural blonde, but lately I've been going platinum. This means suffering through a bleach and tone every eight weeks or so. I love, love, love my platinum blonde locks, as I've mentioned before. The only drawback? My hair is much more dry than normal...thanks to the bleach and harsh chemicals. I've been trying to wash and condition every other day (and never on the weekends). This seems to be helping a little, but on day two, my hair is dry-ish and my scalp oilier than I like. This is my question: If you have dry, chemically treated hair, how do you care for it? Specifically: what products are your favorites?

2) As I mentioned yesterday, I have come to the realization that I have combination skin. My T-zone tends to get a little shiny during the day but I also have some dry patches on my forehead and cheeks. Nice. I wash daily and exfoliate regularly. I moisturize....I try to do everything right. If you have combination skin, what products and treatments do you use? What's worked and what hasn't?

Thanks in advance for your comments! I'll be back tomorrow with a brand new Beauty Product of the Week!

Blog Archive