Sephora Puerto Rico: Quick visit and first thoughts

**NOTE: this post is mostly for my Latin Caribbean/Boricua readers, since this is the first Sephora Store in Puerto Rico**

Yes, quick visit today (finally!) because I was with my sons and they were threatening to destroy the store **sighs**.

Sephora@Plaza Las Americas
San Juan, PR


SEPHORA Puerto Rico is located at Plaza Las Américas Mall in San Juan, on the first floor, near Borders and Old Navy. It is a beauty retailer that offers great quality cosmetics, skin care, makeup, fragrance & perfume, hair and other beauty products (like makeup tools and brushes). The store was founded in France back in 1969 and acquired by the Louis Vuitton-Moët Hennessy (LVMH) Group in 1997. Yes, THAT Louis Vuitton company many of you know by way of say...amazing, beautiful products like handbags, suitcases, scarfs, clothes...LOL.

SEPHORA has more than 750 all over the world. They know how to reach the consumer. How? Simple (and this is based on my short experienced and for what I've seen/read from customers): They have testers for all their products and I do mean ALL of them. You might say: "but other counters at Dept. Stores have testers...". Thing is, here you have all the M.E/H.E. brands at one place, you don't need to go to different counters AND you can try on everything without waiting for Store Attendants (SA) or Makeup Artists (MA) to help you (or be all over you) AND you can ask for samples to try at home.


Today when I went to the store, the SAs were really nice, left me in peace and I had a great time (not for long...again, my kids...) going through all the aisles trying and feeling lipglosses, foundations, mascara and skincare products. Between you and me, I really hate going to any store or beauty counter and having the SAs all over me likes bees on honey. I always wished secretly "gosh, just let me browse in peace, I will ask for help whenever I need to".

Maybe SAs here are really nice? lol =) I'll tell you about that when I visit the store again ;)

I was in love with the whole store of course. Based on what I saw, they brought most of the lines they offer on-line. One I'm very interested in, Make Up For Ever has a really large display. I swear, I could have stayed playing with their products the whole afternoon. I am happy!!! Too Faced, Benefit, Guerlain, DDF, Cosmedicine, Urban Decay, Bliss, Clinique, Laura Mercier, Cover
FX, Korres, Philosophy, Fekkai...yep, all of them are there and lots more. It's like a huge playground for me!


Short, nice experience today. Can't wait to go back, yeah...gotta save some $. Hehehe.


Have a good one!



¡Vivan, amen y rían!

Blog Archive