My easy, worry-free summer look + how I achieve makeup that stays on my skin all day

Hello ladies (and gents if there is any that read this blog)! Back to beauty blogging, lol. This is just a simple post about a simple and easy look I'm sporting this summer.

Summer calls for a look that doesn't disappears (melts) during the day and/or makes you worry about having raccoon eyes because you walked for a few minutes and sweated like crazy. This look is for those days you need more coverage than that a tinted moisturizer can provide.

First of all, after cleaning, moisturizing and adding some sunscreen on my face, I proceed to apply Clinique's Pore Minimizer T-Zone Shine Control Gel on that specific area.

Then, for me it is important to use a good primer for face and eyes, because Gosh! the heat here is unbearable. I'm using a combination of moisturizing primer (Borghese Prima Viso primer), just a drop on my cheeks, with a silicone-based one (Smashbox PhotoFinish) on my T-zone and to fill my pretty pores.


For eyes, as always I use first Too Faced Shadow Insurance or UDPP, followed by a MAC PaintPot. Then I'm ready for makeup.


Come to think of it, all that is the "hardest" part of my routine because I then apply all the other products in just minutes.

Again, this is a very natural, barely-there look. I want to mention that I fake a more bronzed look using a foundation shade a bit darker than my skin tone. I blend it well in the jaw and neck area so I don't look ridiculous --> taking pics of yourself always helps to verify if you overdid it. Esteé Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Tawny provides just that to my complexion.


When I first bought Double Wear, I thought the color was a perfect match, but now I think it is just a touch too dark for my complexion. Also, honestly, this summer I am really pale, like it is ridiculous. So I get help from makeup. (I still haven't write a review about DW. I like that foundation, I can hardly feel it on my skin (like the Revlon ColorStay Makeup). Here's a list of the other stuff I use:

FACE
♥Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in 3W1-Tawny
♥MAC Powder Blush in Sunbasque on cheeks
♥Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Stardust (as highlighter)
♥MAC Powder Blush in Blunt (to contour)
♥MAC Loose Blot Powder in Medium Dark

EYES
♥Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over the lid
♥MAC Eyeshadows: Kid (all over eyelid); Texture (crease); Ricepaper (browbone); Shroom (Inner eye area, near the tear ducts); Espreso (outer lower lash line to define the eyes)--> I know, I used many eyeshadows but they are applied very fast.
♥L'oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara in Black
♥MAC Eyebrow pencil in Stud

LIPS
♥MAC Tendertone in Hot-n-Saucy (LE)--love them, great lipbalms and they have SPF12; You could use L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm in Ripe or Delectable, though they don't have SPF.







Hope you find this post helpful.

Later!


¡Vivan, amen y rían!

Blog Archive