Beauty Product of the Week: Boscia Luminizing Black Mask

What is it? Boscia's Luminizing Black Mask is, "A groundbreaking, mineral-rich "peel-off" mask that delivers powerful detoxifying, purifying, and brightening effects. This innovative treatment dramatically improves skin clarity, radiance, and texture. The unique peel-off action offers gratifying physical exfoliation—as you peel, you actively remove dirt, toxins, and dead skin layers. Exceptional deep-cleansing and exfoliation draw out impurities, bacteria, and excess oil, refining and minimizing pores. Recover smooth, even skintone as pre-existing melanin levels diminish, fading the appearance of dark spots. Inflammation, roughness, lines, and wrinkles fade, revealing younger-looking skin.

Formulated without parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, etc.

Contains powerful antioxidants that help prevent free-radical damage and work to counter lines, wrinkles, dryness, and dullness.

This product delivers best results when applied generously. Smooth on to create a dark black base on your skin and wait until completely dry before removing. Keep the product at least one inch from eyes." Available at Sephora for $34.

What did you think? The first and most important thing to know about this mask is that you have to put a THICK layer on for it to work properly.  You also have to be careful NOT to get it in your hair or anywhere near your eyes.  When I've used this, it initially makes my eyes burn.  I think it's the witch hazel.  Anyway, this burning is not strong and doesn't last long.  It makes my skin tingle and feel clean.  It doesn't feel unpleasant as it dries--some masks flake, feel hot, or tighten up as they set.  This one doesn't. You just leave it on 20 minutes or so and then peel when it's ready.

Peeling off a mask is so much fun!  I love the way that feels, and though it can be tricky to get this mask going, peeling it off is satisfying.  As I said, it leaves my skin feeling smooth, evened out, and cleansed.  I do find this mask to be messy, and I don't like needing to put so much on.  Oh well!

The final verdict?  I'm on the fence with this one.  While I did find it messy, I also liked the feeling of pulling the mask off.  My skin felt good after, but I am not entirely sure if was more luminous or not!

Blog Archive