Money, Money, Money...

My grandmother, Gaga, looking fabulous as always!
Gaga, my grandmother, used to say that if money (or lack there of!) was your only problem, you had no problems at all.  In some respects, I tend to agree with Gaga's sage words.  But when I'm trying to balance my checkbook or if I'm saving up for a large purchase, it seems like money is the only problem...and it's a big one. 

Anyway...

Last week, I had a poll where I asked you how much you spend each month on beauty products--and just products.  I didn't ask about hair cuts, nail care, facials, etc. 

Most people said they spend between $51-$100 a month on cosmetics/skin care products.  While that may not seem like a ton of money, over the course of a year, you'll spend $612 to $1200 to buy products to make yourself look pretty.  Again, that may not seem like a ton, but it does add up.  I wonder how much money a woman spends in her lifetime on lipsticks, eye shadows, etc....wait!  Maybe I don't want to know.

The amount of money I spend each month on products varies wildly.  Some months, it's well over $100.  Other months it's closer to $0.  You'd probably be surprised that I don't buy tons of beauty products and that I, a beauty blogger, sometimes feel like it's all just too much.  When I feel that way, I ask myself: do I really need another bottle of nail polish?  But then there are other times when I can't get enough--I have to have every new product hitting the market.  And I justify my purchases by considering them "research."  So sad.

But I digress--I'm glad to see that you aren't spending insane amounts of money on makeup.  In the long run?  I think you'd do better investing in Estee Lauder stock than buying Estee Lauder products.  What do I know?

Blog Archive