Tagged! My 'Getting Ready' Routine

routine Pictures, Images and PhotosI was tagged by the beautiful Tamara (Nepenthe--Beauty Thesis Blog) to post about the products I use everyday to 'get ready' -- check her routine here.  I have to tell you, it's a simple routine but since I'm not faithful to many products, this list may seem loooooonnnggg.  LOL.  I'm posting the products I reach out for most of the time and some comments about them.

Oh, and my everyday makeup look is very neutral/natural.


Skin Care
  • Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser. I exfoliate in the morning every 3 days; If I exfoliate my face I don't use the cleanser. ***I alternate between St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub and the Marie Louise Cosmetics Restoration Clear Gel***.
  • Marie Louise Cosmetics Moistraiser α-VC (Moisturizing Toner) : Love this! Gonna do a review soon. I has become an important part of my life!
  • Moisturizer with SPF of at least 15: Right now I'm loving L'Oreal Dermo-Expertise Futur*e Moisturizer SPF 15 for Normal to Dry Skin -- Though I have combination skin, my cheeks get very dry due to acne treatments; I'm looking for a moisturizer with higher SPF though.
  • Eye Cream: Honestly, I use the first tube I grab from my drawer -- MAC Fast Response is a favorite; Neutrogena Ageless Essentials Continuous Hydration Eye Cream is also great for my under eye area. 
  • If I'm not using makeup, I'll apply a sunscreen lotion of at least 30; I still don't have a favorite but I like Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunscreen SPF 45 and many physical sunscreens (sunblocks).
Face
  • Primer: MAC Prep+Prime SPF 50; I do use other primers but this is my fave.
  • Foundation:  Most of the time I alternate between Estée Lauder Double Wear (4W1), Revlon Colorstay (True Beige in Norma/Dry Skin most of the time), Neutrogena Healthy Skin Makeup (Fresh Beige); I leave my beloved MUFE HD Foundation #128 mostly for special occasions. 
  • Setting Powder:  Right now I'm using Maybelline Dream Matte Powder (Beige Medium) -- Awesome product, another review coming up!
  • Blush&Bronzer: E.L.F. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder -- although I have bought some new bronzers that I'm really loving.
Eyes

Lips

So there you have it. I can honestly say I get ready in 15 minutes or less, yay! I've added some links that will take you to articles I've wrote in the past about the mentioned products.

L8R!

ETA: A pic of me using products mentioned in this routine:
  • I used Neutrogena Healthy Skin in 70-Fresh Beige, the ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Duo, EL Double Wear Concealer (Medium) on eyes and MAC Pink Poodle L/G.
Left -- Beautiful Me in the mornings; Right -- A better version of Me in the mornings, =D


¡Vivan, amen y rían!

Blog Archive