Getting Health, Another Update

Me, Sept. 2010
In August, I mentioned that I'm currently on a health kick.  Although, to be honest, I am not sure I'd call it a "health kick."  That seems to imply that I'm just making temporary changes, and that's not the case. I've been working very hard on making changes, and in doing so I've noticed that I'm overhauling major aspects of my life.

I said I'd check in monthly to tell you how I've been doing on my quest to get healthy...to lose weight, to eat better, exercise, and adopt healthier habits.  Here's my latest update.  Since my August getting healthy update, I...

  • Lost another 15+ pounds
  • Have had to buy a lot of new clothes--my pants were falling off and almost everything in my closet is too big.  Go me!
  • Continue to love exercise.  I generally exercise 5 to 6 times a week and I credit exercise to major changes in the shape of my body.  I can see the muscles in my arms bulking up (in a good way) and my leg muscles seem longer and leaner.
I feel good and eager to get out and do new things.  I'm still following the Weight Watchers program because...well...it works.  And I like that you can eat "normal" food and still lose.  My portion sizes have come way down and I don't feel like I'm deprived of anything.

I'm glad I'm finally waking up and paying more attention to food, to exercise, to how I respond to stress...to life in general.  It's amazing for me to look back on myself before committing to getting healthy--I feel like I was sleepwalking through my life.  Now that I am waking up and making changes, every day is an adventure...a chance to learn, to improve, to grow.  It's nice!

I'll give you another update next month.  Like I said, doing so makes me a little bit more accountable.  Also, if any of you are fighting the battle of the bulge or if you're also on a quest to get healthy, leave me a comment.  What's working for you?  What are your setbacks?  Leave me a comment and let me know--maybe we can all help each other in this journey!

Blog Archive