Do or Don't: Fake Lashes

Something weird has happened: suddenly, everyone seems to be wearing fake lashes.  All the time.  You see women on TV and in movies with insanely long, thick, and amazing lashes.  Lashes that are obviously fake.  Whenever a mascara ad comes on, I have to laugh because the models lashes are so overdone.  You'd never get that look with mascara alone.

But it seems like the fake lash trend is not just for ads, tv shows or movies.  Now, when I'm at a special event (like a wedding) or out someplace fancy (the hubs and I go to the opera and theater whenever we can!), women are sporting very fake, very overdone lashes.  Even when I'm out running errands I see women with insane lashes.  Really?  Since when did going to Target require wearing false lashes?  Ugh!

Fake lashes are a trend I have a hard time with because I wear glasses.  Shocking, right?  I can't stand contacts and actually LIKE the way I look in glasses...I don't care if it's fashionable or not.  But for me, wearing fake lashes and glasses doesn't seem to work.

I do like the look of long, thick, healthy lashes.  I can also see why women would want to wear fake lashes at certain times.  But all the time?  It seems like a whole lot of effort to me.  I adore mascara and would be interested in some of the products to thicken (or "grow") natural lashes.

What do you think?  Are fake lashes so awesome that they should be worn all the time?  Just for special occasions?  Or not at all?  Let me know what you think!

Blog Archive