REVIEW: Marie Louise Cosmetics' Moistraiser α-VC (Moisturizing Toner)

Moistraiser α-VC (Moisturizing Toner) - $81.00 (plus tax) for 100ml

I was aproached again by a Marie Louise Cosmetics (MLC) reprensentative to try one of their other products: the Moistraiser a-VC -- their moisturizing toner.  I've had had such a wonderful experience with their other two products (the Restoration Clear Gel and the Cleansing Clear Gel) that I couldn't say no. BUT when I checked the price of this ~3.5 US Fluid Ounces --$81!!-- I almost said no.

I love toners, I always use them to get off my skin the last trace of makeup. I then apply my moisturizer while my face still moist to achieve a higher degree of hydration on my skin.  I expressed my concerns to the MLC representatives about the product qty. vs. cost.  I mean, so much for a toner? Why? I've tried other H.E. toners and never been impressed --and I still remember I was so sad when my Nivea Moisturizing toner was discontinued--.  Of course, they mentioned fine ingredients and their use of nanotechnology on their products (read more HERE).  After reading about all of it,  I decided to give it a try.  I wasn't let down.



I began testing this skincare product like I always do: all my products that work for my skin remain the same, this toner was the only change.  Boy, was I surprised about the results!

The Moistraiser a-VC has to be hands down the best toner ever.  To say that I'm completely amazed by this product wouldn't make justice to it.  This is not your typical liquid toner. It's a bit more dense, a touch more viscous if you will, and I feel like I'm applying a combination of toner/serum. 


To be honest, when I read about what this product was all about, I just expected my skin to feel more hydrated at a deeper level.  I got that all right.  I wasn't sure about if it was going to appear or feel more "vibrant". Well, the biggest difference I noted on my skin was the texture: it changed within two weeks of using this toner!  You know when you exfoliate your skin and it feels incredibly soft for a few days at most?  I started to notice my skin feeling amazingly soft and even-textured all the time! I remember thinking...Well, I know I did not exfoliated my face today so what is this?...   Vibrant indeed, lol. 

 I tend to have "rough skin" on my face with huge pores and dry patches that are inevitable while aging --at least with me.  This toner is a life saver.

I noticed I was touching my face all the time (big no-no for my skin acne) because it felt so amazing. No worries, I stopped doing that. ^__^


I'm glad I decided to try this. I've come to the conclusion that there is a small price to pay when a product does delivers what it claims to do.  The ingredients in this toner include ceramides, glycerin, vitamins and hyaluronic acid.  Amazing combination that really works for a younger looking skin that feels AMAZING. Love, love, love this.  

I would truly recommend this product to ladies with all skin types, as it is absorbed quickly by the skin. It hasn't cause me any allergic reactions or broke me out.  And I can tell you  that because I've been using this product since mid-July and all is good. Oh, and I still have a little less than half the product left.  In my experience, not much is needed to achieve results.  I just follow the instructions on how to apply.


After trying three of MLC products, I decided to buy first the travel size kit to finally try their moisturizer.  Curious note:  Amazon wanted to charged me $30+ USD for shipping the $28 kit! Since that was ridiculous I wrote to MLC and the service was amazing. They shipped the product for about $6 USD  through the USPS.  It arrived in perfect conditions (Psssst...loving it so far!). Yes!

RATING:  5/5 (delivers what it promises, excellent overall; be careful no to let the glass bottle fall on the floor!)


**I've noted Marie Louise Cosmetics normally has monthly sales of their products at great discounts, so check out their website if you're interested.




IMPORTANT NOTICE! This review was possible thanks to a sample product sent for my consideration by a PR Agency/Marketing Firm/Brand Representative. My reviews are based on my personal experience with each product. I don't get paid to do my reviews, I do get to keep the samples the companies send me. Also, any link provided in the review is for your convenience only, I don't get paid if you click on it. I will tell you the day I do.

Blog Archive