Beauty Product of the Week: Dr Bragi Treatment Mask

What is it? Dr. Bragi's Marine Enzyme Intensive Treatment Mask is a "new, innovative fabric mask that utilizes the rejuvenating properties of Penzyme for an intensive treatment in under 15 minutes. This single use mask contains a double concentration of Penzyme and transforms skin for a brighter, more youthful appearance. Fine lines, dehydration, loss of firmness, and signs of premature aging no longer warrant a trip to the dermatologist. The active enzymes found inside the convenient sachet of Marine Enzyme Intensive Treatment Mask make skin plumper, smoother, and brighter." Available at blissspa.com for $20 per mask.

What did you think? I'm not yet experiencing a lot of the problems mentioned above (like lack of firmness, etc.) but I'm always game for a new product. I followed the directions on the pouch and put on the fabric mask, making sure all surface areas of my face were covered.

My poor husband happened to walk in as I went to lie down for the 10-15 minutes suggested on the package. He looked at me and said, "Hello, Mike Meyers. I didn't know you were going to star in a Halloween movie. Shall I call Rob Zombie for you?" I rolled my eyes, not that he could tell. I looked like I just had plastic surgery and my face was all bandaged up. Bizarre.

Once I got over the weird factor, I was able to enjoy the mask a little more. It was cool on my skin, but seemed to warm up as I let it sit. My skin felt like it was getting a deep cleanse--one that was both soothing and smoothing. After the 15 minutes were up, I didn't want to take the mask off!

After reluctantly getting up from my forced relaxation and removing the mask, my skin felt very smooth and very moist. My skin tone was improved, and I had no redness or irritation like I sometimes experience from masks.

The final verdict? At $20 a mask, this is an expensive item! I liked the way it felt on, and the way my skin felt post-treatment. I just don't think I could allow myself to spend the money needed to allow for regular uses. Major bummer. Also, even though the one-piece fabric mask was a little odd at first, I like the idea of an easy to apply mask that won't end up on your fingers, caking in your hairline, etc. (like some of the mud masks out there). If you can afford it, this is a worthy indulgence. And it really would be an excellent gift!

Blog Archive