Extreme Mani Alert!

French manicures are a polarizing issue in the beauty world. Some think of the pink base/white-tipped manicure as being the epitome of classy sophistication. Others think it's just a little trashy. I must admit that I am not a fan and prefer my nails to be all one color.

This fall, OPI, Dior, and others are showing a reverse French manicure done in anything but the traditional pink and white. The photo above is from OPI, and features dark "moons" with a bright gold center and tip. I've also seen a reverse French manicure done in white and black.

For some reason, even though I don't like traditional French manicures, I find myself intrigued by this latest trend. It looks fun and unexpected, and a little bit old fashioned. And it's a great way to break up the severity of dark winter nails.

What do you think of this whole reverse French manicure trend? Leave me a comment and let me know where you stand!

Blog Archive