Drugstore products I love! Part 3: Mascara

I ABSOLUTELY love mascara. Mascara gives so much definition to your eyes, makes them look so sultry and sexy. I will pay for a good mascara, preferably one that isn't waterproof and won't smudge or flake (yeah, that is what we all want on our mascara right?). I have use many brands, pricey or cheap. I gotta tell you, you can find some damn good mascara on your local drugstore/convenience store. I don't think I'll pay more than $11-$12 USD for a mascara ever again (that price includes my favorite MAC Plushlash Mascara).

Here are my favorite drugstore mascaras. Bear in mind, I have naturally curled+decent length lashes, so I look for volume. I love big mascara wands.

COVERGIRL LASH BLAST--VOLUME BLASTING MASCARA



This mascara rocks. It isn't waterproof, but it hardly smudges! And I mean that, I live in a pretty humid environment (70%+ Relative Humidity almost everyday) and it just stays put. It does come in a waterproof version, but I found that one makes my lashes feel so hard and tight. I just prefer the regular version. Covergirl claims this mascara has "a volume-busting formula" that gives you the "the ultimate big lash look". I agree. After one coat you get more noticeable, long lashes, but you can build more dramatic lashes if you use two coats. I LOVE the brush, I like how it grabs the lashes while you apply. Yes, many people find it huge and terrible to get the smaller lashes, but I don't know, I just work my way with it.

The only con? I does clump a little when you are applying it, but I just use a lash brush to separate them and remove any excess, which I always do.

I use this in very black.





One Coat of Covergirl LashBlast Mascara:


MAYBELLINE FULL & SOFT WATERPROOF MASCARA



Image: Maybelline.com


Oh, this mascara is so soft! (duh!) But really, for this to be waterproof, you wouldn't believe how nice it feels on your eyelashes. I decided to try this one after reading reviews on MakeupAlley.com and I am so glad I did. The wand is also soft and I think it has a good size.

This mascara is perfect if you are looking for more natural looking lashes on a formula that will not smudge or run, just like Maybelline claims. It comes out pretty easy (considering it is WP). If you want to try a WP mascara but are afraid of them (some people just hate how hard they are to remove---I don't know why, Olive Oil does an excellent job) I would suggest this one. The Very Black shade is perfect for almost everyone.





One Coat of Maybelline F-n-S Mascara:


Again, most of these products you could get on drugstore or other stores on those BOGO Free sales, which means sometimes you can get this for about $4 USD.

Blog Archive