Beauty Product of the Week: Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

What is it? REN's Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask is "a peel mask made with 100% natural fruit acids. This gentle but potent peel mask is formulated to dramatically remove dead cells, smooth lines, and help prevent the appearance of spots and blackheads. Formulated WITHOUT Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Synthetic Dyes, Petro-Chemicals, or Phthalates, this peel contains natural AHA from fruits, and does not irritate the skin like its synthetic counterparts" Available from Sephora (and has been awarded Sephora's Natural Seal) for $55.

What did you think? You know I'm budget minded, so I always worry that when I try out a pricier item, I'll get hooked. And damn if that wasn't the case with this product! I used to be really diligent about giving myself a facial once or twice a week. I'd pull out one of my many masks or use an at-home microderm kit. In the past few months, I've fallen out of the habit of doing this. When I got this mask, I made a point to use it regularly. I've been using it at least once a week for about a month now, and I'm so glad I'm back in my facial habit.

The mask has an orange tint to it and smells like it's just packed with vitamins. The scent is fresh, somewhat citrus-y, and pleasant (in my opinion!). It feels cool and nurturing when it goes on, but what I really like is that it tingles a little when it's on. The mask stays on for about 10 minutes and then you just wash it away with some warm water. No need to pull it off like messy peel off mask, and there's none of that hard drying you get with mud.

My face feels thoroughly cleansed with this product. My skin is soft, supple, and looks refreshed. I don't feel like my skin's been stripped of its oils or anything like that. I feel dewy and clean after using the mask.

The final verdict? I hate recommending pricey items, but I really like this mask. The only thing I might change would be for REN to give you more mask for the same price, because even though one squirt of product is typically enough, I could see going through this very quickly.

Blog Archive