Work, Life, Stress, and Excuses

I'm sorry I'm not doing a proper makeup post today--I am going through a very shitty, very stressful period at work. I'm exhausted, feeling beat down, and am fantasizing about winning the lottery. Oh god, if only!

So here's my question for you today: how do you deal with stress? When things are happening that you can't control...but that have an absolute impact on every aspect of your life...how do you take care of yourself? Are you self-destructive and turn to alcohol and other vices? Are you self-loving? Or do you just try to go with the flow.

Me? I go straight for the self-loathing. As much as I hate it, when things get really stressful, I become negative. Sure, I work my way through the situation, but my thoughts usually get dark and I expect for the worst. I'm trying to be a little better in my current dilemma. Tonight, I took some time out for myself to shower (I firmly believe in the healing powers of water), shave, exfoliate, and moisturize my skin. I'm going to take a few Tylenol PMs and will hopefully fall sleep smelling like "calming" lavender.

I wish I could be more cool and detached. I find that I admire people who are able to stay perfectly cool under pressure--you know the kind: they never have a hair out of place, they always look perfect, they never seem to sweat, and they have a quiet aura of being in control even when they may not be.

I should be hoping for the best, but really, I'm mentally preparing for the worst. I think I'll update my resume just in case. Anyone needing a totally awesome, smart, hard-working, makeup loving writer or admin? Email me!

I'll be back as soon as I can...though I'm not entirely sure when that will be. In the meantime, if you miss me, check out some of my old posts for all the beauty news you can handle.

Blog Archive