Beauty Product of the Week: Pocket Rocket

What is it? Urban Decay's Pocket Rocket Lip Gloss "combines a girl's two favorite things: guys and gloss! With the tilt of a tube, your well-dressed man will be stripped to his undies (front and rear photos are included for your viewing pleasure!). The creme-brulee-scented formula slicks and shines your pout to pucker perfection, with each highly pigmented shade varying in opacity and finish. It also contains Hyaluronic Spheres that are known to improve cellular function, prevent dehydration, and fill in lines and wrinkles. This party-perfect gift is great for a bachelorette party (Eric in his tux), a baby shower (hot-dad Julio), or your emo friend's b-day (tight-pants James). This sweet-scented gloss is conveniently packaged in a flat tube that fits right inside you pocket. Rub the tube to release pheromones into the air chemical signals that are undetectable by smell, but enhance mood and sexual attraction." Click here to see all the colors. Available at Sephora and department stores for $19 a tube.

What did you think? Yes, these are cute and kitschy, but the reason I purchased my Pocket Rocket (in the shade called Eric, featuring a hottie in a tuxedo) is because I loved the shade and the glossiness when I tried it out (on my hand) at Sephora. The colors rock, and honestly it was hard to settle on just one shade.

More things I like: the way it feels--not too sticky, but still thoroughly glossy and the packaging. I like the flat tube shape because it is easy to find in my jam-packed purse. I can just say to my husband "can you grab me my tube of Eric?" and he'll know exactly what I mean.

Now here's what I am not wild about: the taste. I don't hate the way it tastes, but it does have a very different scent/flavor. I'm used to minty, refreshing lipglosses...this one left me trying to figure out what the scent/flavor compound was. I made my husband, my mom, and my sister take turns at guessing, and my sister nailed it: Honey Nut Cheerio Breakfast Bars. The gloss is sweet, slightly vanilla-y, but with a definite note of milk. Odd, but true. Again, I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.

The final verdict? The colors are amazing and the packaging is unique. If it were in the more traditional minty flavor spectrum, I would never use another gloss. I still give Pocket Rocket high marks and enthusiastically recommend it.

Blog Archive