Quick Review: Revlon Colorstay Quad in Coffee Bean

Feeling a bit better, not much, but I hope to feel better tomorrow because of the drugs and antibiotics the doctor gave me today. So, since I can't sleep well, I decided to make a review about this Revlon quad, one of my favorites. These pics are from about 2 months ago.

Product Name: Revlon Colorstay 12hr Eyeshadow Quad in "Coffee Bean"

Description (for all quads): "Silky smooth, blendable powder shadow with SoftFlex™ won’t crease or smudge, staying flawless and beautiful for up to 12 hours. Color coordinated quads provide expert mix and match ability for your most gorgeous eyes ever. Available in 18 beautiful quads." (Revlon.com)

Price: around USD $5-$7 at most drugstores/Walmart/Kmart (but I have always bought my quads when they are BOGO free!)

My experience with it: You may have read my thoughts on these quads. They are fairly pigmented, but I do recommend applying them on top of a good eye base (UDPP, TFSI or even Revlon Illuminance cream e/s) for them to show even more. I don't know about the 12hr claim, but I think they last about 8hrs, that's my experience. Please remember that I live in a very humid environment and not all products behave the same in different type of weather condition.

This specific quad is one of my favorite and for what I've seen online, many people love it too. Why? Well, in my case is simple: I love neutral eye looks and this quad provide different versions of it. You could even do a fast day-time neutral smoky eye look. This is perfect when you are traveling. The little sponge applicators are very helpful, specially the long one. That one can be use to define the crease or apply e/s as eyeliner (though I do use my brushes most of the time).


This quad has a variation of beige/brown/bronze colors that are so pretty and perfect to apply when you are in a rush. That's what I love about neutral looks. Three of the colors are more like matte/satin finish and one (third from the top) has a frost finish --I am posting a pic with swatches of it. As always, Revlon provides the instructions about where to place the shades on your lids. If you are like me, you will end up doing a minimum of 4 different looks with it.


♥What I would change about it? In general, some of the matte e/s feel too "powdery", that's why I recommend a good base. About this specific quad? Nothing, this one is perfect for me.

I really like this quad, it is the one I use the most these days. I will leave you with pictures now.

♥Rating: 4/5

(Please, excuse my ugly pajama! Most of the time I
do my makeup first, then put on my clothes)


(No flash)

'Til next time.



¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!

Blog Archive