Skin Cancer Awareness Month: Blasts from the Past

Don't Let This Happen To You!

I know I sound like I'm harping on all of you about this, but May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again: Be safe in the sun and always use protection. If you don't think skin cancer will happen to you, then consider the fact that sun exposure will age you. If you want to avoid wrinkles or blotchy discoloration, limit your sun exposure. It's that easy.

Here are links to a few posts I've done in the past about Skin Cancer Awareness Month. Take a moment to check them out:
  • If you prefer to have a "healthy" glow, click here for pointers on how to fake and bake like a pro.
  • Don't forget to cover up easy to miss parts of your body when applying sunscreen. Click here for more from my May 2008 post (sorry...the giveaway mentioned in that post is no longer running!)
  • Is sunblock safe to use? Click here to find out.
  • The sun shines year round, so don't think of sun safety as only a summertime concern. Click here for more.
  • Screen yourself for troublesome moles or sun spots in the privacy of your home. Here's info on how to do this yourself.
  • Be a smart sunscreen consumer. Click here for tips.

Blog Archive