Beauty Product of the Week: Double Extend Beauty Tubes

What is it? L'Oreal's Double Extend Beauty Tubes Extension Effect Mascara is "a revolutionary lash extension effect mascara that provides up to 80% longer-looking, nourished lashes. Step 1 - Nourish & Protect Step 2 - Tubes extend lashes Step 3 - Remove with just water Tube Benefits: Clump-free length, Smudge-proof, Flake-proof, Longwearing hold, Ophthalmologist and allergy tested, Suitable on sensitive eyes & for contact lens wearers." Available at drugstores and big box stores for about $11.00

What did you think? I am not a big L'Oreal user. In fact, I only ever use L'Oreal hair products. After seeing one too many ads for L'Oreal's lash extending "tubes," I thought I'd give their mascara a try.

Guess what? I am not impressed. First, for best results, the mascara requires a two-step application process. I hate that. The white base coat of mascara doesn't seem to do much to warrant an extra step in my makeup process. It just goes on and leaves my lashes white. Yippee. Then the coat of mascara goes on top. My lashes did look longer but not any thicker (I hate that you have to pick between length and thickness...I want both--and yes, that was a rather inappropriate but fitting double entendre!).

The real downside to this mascara is in the removal process. Since the mascara uses "tubes" to lengthen lashes, said tubes tend to flake, especially when I'm washing my face. I have to really make sure I take care to remove all my mascara, otherwise I get stuck with weird black mascara flakes on my cheeks, around my eyes, etc. Messy...and not cool.

Final verdict? There are better mascaras on the market, and sadly, this is just another dud. I feel like I've been in a string of blah mascaras lately. And since mascara is, in my opinion, one of the most important beauty products on the market, that's not acceptable. So yeah--if YOU have a killer mascara I have to try out, please, please, please leave me a comment! Thanks.

Blog Archive