Philosophy of Beauty?

Take a quick look in your bathroom. I'll bet there is at least one product from Philosophy in there.

You know the brand: they make cult-worthy skin care products like their wildly popular Purity Made Simple. They also have body washes and lip balms in great scents for almost every occasion imaginable.

Well, now Philosophy is launching their own line of makeup, "bringing their best-selling skin care secrets to paraben-free shadows, mineral powders, and sun-proof lip gloss." It looks like they're selling the usual suspects: SPF-containing mineral foundation ($35), mineral blush and bronzer duos ($25), conditioning lipglosses ($15), and even a "coloring book" palette ($37.50).

I do like Philosophy's skin care line, and I often recommend their products to friends. Oddly, though, I am not particularly eager to check out their new makeup line. Maybe I'm just jaded or cheap, but some of their prices seem high ($35 for foundation?). And if I am going to spend a lot on a product I am not familiar with, I tend to want a more high-end "lux" purchase from a brand like Dior or Chanel. That's just my initial knee-jerk reaction, but I am by no means the be-all, end-all. What do YOU think? Would you check out the Philosophy cosmetics line?

Blog Archive