Review+Swatches: Revlon Super Lustrous L/S (Part 1 of 2)

One of the makeup products I find difficult to spend hard-earned cash on is lipstick (alongside with mascara...).  Maybe because I've tried high-end, really expensive ones and haven't been that impressed.   There are many drugstore brands that provide simply great quality.

You may already know Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks are one of my choices for drugstore makeup. At first, I didn't consider they were very moisturizing as Revlon claims, but I think now it depends on the formula. Anyway, as with any lipstick, I always apply lipbalm first on my lips, then the lipstick.  I should note that even when I haven't applied lipbalm, this product never have dried up on my lips, it just fades away. That has been my experience for years now.


These lipsticks come in a Cream (C) or Pearl (P) finish. The creamy ones are very pigmented and soft and the others are more shimmery but also fairly pigmented.  My lips are highly pigmented so to say that these products provide great coverage is huge for me.  

I love they have so many shades available, I have 13 of them. Also 1 matte one and about 4 Shiny Sheers.  I know, I have issues. But come on, these are one of the little things I can indulge myself in, so....yeah.

I should mention, I like to play with them by mixing them or using them as a wash or tint all over my lips (specially the darker shades or shades that are just not right for me).

Price: $6-$8 USD at most drugstores/big dept. stores like Walmart.

NOTE:I have bought all of the lipsticks you see here mostly on bogo-free sales! Hurray for sales!

So, here are the swatches. Lighting and camera settings were adjusted to get the closest-to-real-life color. Since there are a lot of pics, I will divide this article in two posts. Here are the first seven lippies (click on all pics for enlarged versions).













 








 



 

 






 






  



 

 


 See you soon with the second part.  =)




¡Vivan, amen y rían!

Blog Archive