MAC Full Coverage Foundation with Studio Fix Powder

I was watching the other day this next video from GossMakeupArtist in YouTube (check him out! He does great videos, explains things very well and provides good tips).


Honestly, I was looking for tips on how to use my MAC Full Coverage foundation in NC35 without it looking very cakey on my skin. I have had it for quite sometime and I hate to waste my makeup products after paying good money for it. I only use it as a concealer (it is indeed very similar to their Studio Finish concealer without the SPF).  I follow Goss' tips and I used my Studio Fix Powder Foundation in NC40 on top of it because I don't have the MSF Natural.  The result was amazing and surprisingly comfortable.

Yes, the application is very sheer but you can build it little by little until the desire coverage is achieved.  You may have seen pics of me without foundation...

Gorgeous me!

I used DDF Aloe Toning Complex Spray to wet my sponge and the application was a breeze, and I mean it, my face felt very refreshed. Using the Studio Fix Powder to set it and applying it as Goss recommended provided more coverage, I didn't have to use concealer.

**CLICK ON ALL PICS TO SEE THE ENLARGE VERSION**

MAC Full Coverage Foundation
IMPORTANT! The foundation at the left must read "NC35"


 


I like how the texture of my skin looks in these pics, like I was born with it...LOL, sorry  Maybelline! You can still see a bit of my pores and my chicken pox scars but believe me, my skin looks way "softer" than without these products on.  The only other foundations I have used that have give me a similar coverage are Revlon Colorstay and Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup.

I am very happy with the results. I have terrible acne marks (yeah, don't ask...at my age... wow) and this combo covered them completely, I love the finish.

HOWEVER, please note: this type of foundation combo provides full, heavy coverage (duh Bedalyz!). I do not recommend to use this foundation everyday and/or under extreme hot temperatures because it will transfer no matter how you set it and yes, you could break out from it. That has been my experience.  This foundation combo (or the one presented by Goss) is perfect for photography and if you have trouble skin and many scars and marks you want to hide.  You will get a flawless, matte look with it.  Want a  more dewy look? Spray some Fix+ or a similar product like the one I mentioned above after finishing your whole makeup.

But yes, I really like it and remember, FC also works as concealer.

Hope you find this post helpful. 


MY MAKEUP
FACE
DDF Oil Free Moisturizer
MAC Full Coverage Foundation in NC 35 (PRO)
MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC 40
MAC Spaced Out Blush (LE)
LAURA MERCIER Star Dust Loose Powder (as highlighter on cheeks)

EYES
MAC Paint Pots in Soft Ochre and Rubenesque
MAC Eyebrow pencil in Stud
MAYBELLINE Lash Stiletto Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
No eyeliner

LIPS
Lip Balm
MUFE Full Cover Concealer, #10
MAC Electro Lipstick (LE)--(applied very lightly)
MAC Hello Kitty Nice to be Nice lipglass (LE)



¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!

Blog Archive