Beauty Product of the Week: Glossblossom

What is it? Mark's Glossblossom Ripening Lip Tint, "goes on clear, then ripens to a juicy pink to leave lips tinted and shiny. Alluring, personalized pink tone lasts even after the gloss is gone." Available from Mark (a division of Avon) for about $6.50.

What did you think? This product looks a lot like Smashbox's O Gloss, a product I tried back in 2008...a product I was less than thrilled with back then.

The Mark version is much more budget-friendly. Like O Gloss, it goes on clear and then develops into a personalized pink tint. I liked the general idea of this product when I tried it. My main complaint with the Smashbox product was that it didn't seem special enough to warrant spending over $20.

Mark's glossblossom smells strong when you first apply it, and that super sweet, super strong smell initially frightnened me. Thankfully, the actual product doesn't taste as sweet (it has very little taste whatsoever) and is not in any way offensive to wear. The color is subtle, but like O Gloss, I think this product feels a little heavy on my lips.

The final verdict? If you like the idea of a lip gloss that adjusts to your personal coloring, that's easy to use, and that's subtle, give glossblossom a try. Also, if you've been curious about Smashbox's O Gloss, try Mark's glossblossom instead. You'll save yourself a ton of money for a remarkably similar product. As for me? I am on the fence with this one.

Blog Archive