EYEBROWS: MAC Eye Brow Pencil vs. Maybelline Define-A-Brow

I recently bought the the Maybelline Define-A-Brow Pencil in Dark Brown.  I remember I used it once years ago but it was too dark (black?).  The product def. reminds me of MAC Eye Brow Pencil, my all time fave.


Similarities:
1. Applicator is the same, honestly.
2. Both products are waterproof; for me it means they will last 8+ hrs without fading completely. They will resist hot temperatures too.
3. The texture is wax-ish but easily blendable.
4. Both tips are of the same diameter, very fine.
5. Both pencils are self-sharpening.
6. Both companies offer 6 shades.

Differences:
1. Qty of product: MAC offers 0.003oz for $15 USD while MAYBELLINE's pencil is 0.001oz for $7 USD.  So you get more produt buying the MAC pencil.
2.  MAC Eye Brow pencil is available only at their stores or Dept. Stores and online, MAYBELLINE Define a Brow is available well, almost everywhere?
3.  Mmmm, can't remember other differences.

I guess there are two basic reasons you would pic Maybelline's pencil over MAC's: availability and color selection. I use MAC E/B pencil in Stud and I find MAYBELLINE Define a Brow in Dark Brown also suits me well.

Just applied:
Left: Maybelline Define a Brow in Dark Brown
Right: MAC E/B Pencil in Stud

After rubbing my skin softly for 10 secs:

I think both products are wonderful. If you don't have time to go to a MAC Store or don't like their shades, I recommend checking out the Maybelline Define a Brow pencil.  Both offer great quality.  Remember to blend well the pencil after applying, I use a spoolie brush for that matter.


¡Espero que hayan tenido una linda semana! 
Hope you've had a wonderful week!



¡Vivan, amen y rian!

Blog Archive