OPI For Spring/Summer

Every season, OPI looks for exotic locations as their inspiration for their newest line. This Spring and Summer, OPI's going with Hong Kong, the fragrant harbor.

Here are their new shades:
  • Bling Dynasty: A shimmery gold
  • Red My Fortune Cookie: Rich red
  • Hot & Spicy: A sizzling coral
  • Dim Sum Plum: A purple-berry hue
  • Jade is the New Black: Vibrant green
  • Suzi Says Feng Shui: A serene cobalt blue
  • A Good Man-darin is Hard to Find: A zesty red-orange
  • Lucky Lucky Lavender: Light purple
  • Meet Me on the Star Ferry: A moonlit violet
  • Panda-monium Pink: Light pink
  • Pearl of Wisdom: A lustrous pearl shade
  • Chop-sticking to My Story: Warm caramel shade
Hmm. I am not entirely sure that I like this line. Maybe I'm getting OPI fatigue, but the names seem stupid and borderline stereotyped. And the colors are a bit too Easter egg-ish for my taste. If I had to pick a favorite, I'd probably go with Jade is the New Black, but I'm just "meh" about the whole thing. Maybe in my old age I just prefer the classics. Who knows.

What do you think of OPI's Hong Kong line?

Blog Archive