Beauty Product of the Week: Orgasm Illuminator

What is it? NARS Orgasm Illuminator is "A complexion enhancer that makes skin look instantly refreshed, radiant, and glowing. NARS Orgasm Illuminator lights your skin from within! Deceptively sheer and decidedly luminous, it magically transforms lackluster skin into a remember-me, luscious complexion. Flirt with foundation, go it alone, or go neck-and-neck with your decolletage. The effect is, well, orgasmic." Available at Sephora and department stores for $29.00.

What did you think? I've seen a lot of good press about this product, so I had to give it a try. Here's an actual conversation between me and my husband...

ME (asking a terrible question of my poor hubby): Do you notice anything different about my skin?
HUSBAND (looking worried): Um...you look fine to me. I guess your face is not as pink.
ME: Does it look better or worse than normal?
HUSBAND: It looks good. It looks more white, more like...I don't know...like marble.
ME: Does it glow?
HUSBAND: Yes, it kinda does. It's not shiny; it's more of a glow.
ME: Do I sparkle?
HUSBAND: No. You're not a Twilight vampire.
ME: So much for Team Edward.

In all seriousness, I do notice that when I wear this illuminator, my skin does have more of a glow to it. And there is less pink to it, which is great. It's also a bit surprising since the product comes out of the tube looking very rosy and a bit sparkly.

I've used the illuminator all over and just in certain spots and I prefer it for an all-over base before foundation. I don't have a heavy hand when applying it, which I think is a good thing. If you use too much you just might look like a Twilight vamp, and that's not such a great look.

The final verdict? I had high hopes for this, and so far it has lived up to expectations. It really gives my skin an inner glow without sparkling or making me too shiny. A nice addition to my makeup case!

Blog Archive