It's hot out there! Summer foundation combo #1

Hi guys! I finally have some time to post a new article.  So it may be officially "Spring" but down here we are having a very "Summer" weather. The beginning of March was extremely hot with 90ºF + temps. Luckily, these past few days the temperature has gone down to 85º-88ºF during the day. What does this all means? It is almost impossible to wear makeup! I mean, who would want to? Well, I have to if I want my skin to at least look even. And I have to look presentable if I'm meeting a client.

A few weeks ago I had to go with a client to inspect an old building (decades ago it was a mental facility for convicts--creepy) and I knew we had to walk for a long time and that I was gonna sweat like crazy.  Indeed it happened, but I was glad my makeup stayed almost intact.  When I went home, I was glad to see I still had coverage left and no mascara smudging or eyeshadow creasing!

I wanted my skin to look hydrated.  I added 2 drops of sweet almond oil and 2 drops of avocado oil to my moisturizer. You'll think "What? She has combo/oily skin!" Well, thing is my cheeks and the area under my eyes can get really dry and these oils left my skin feeling super soft and moisturized. After a few minutes, I added my sunscreen all over my face and then a small amount of primer just in the T-Zone (and a bit on the cheeks).

NOTE: if you have super oily skin, consider if you really need to use the primer on a hot day; sometimes sunscreen creams or lotions make good primers.

Now for foundation, well, I honestly can't wear powder foundation thinking it will last long on hot weather while looking great, not even my Studio Fix Powder +.  I need something that makes my skin looks hydrated and provides long lasting coverage.

So yeah, I use a very small amount of my always faithful Revlon Colorstay Makeup (for combo/oily skin) but I mix it with MAC's Strobe Liquid (you do know the Strobe Liquid Lotion has moisturizing properties, right?) Not only does the Strobe Lotion makes the Colorstay feel more light (while retaining its staying power) but since it has iridescent particles, it provides a healthy glow (not shine!) to my skin.  I must indicate I used a very small amount of foundation; I applied with the MAC 187 and blend like crazy.  I did not wanted to have lots of foundation on my face.  The coverage wasn't as full as I wanted but nothing my concealer couldn't deal with.  I wanted to be presentable, not perfect.

NOTE: If you have dry skin, consider using the Colorstay Makeup for Dry Skin, it doesn't has alcohol as the Combo/Oily skin formula.

NOTE: The reason I'm recommending the Colorstay Makeup is because it is the only one I have found that lasts through the whole day without totally fading or transferring to clothes.  Estée Lauder Double Wear Makeup is also a good alternative.

I then used both cream and powder blush. I applied a matte powder with a cosmetic puff as setting powder (LOVING the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, seriously; I've been using it almost everyday since I got it a few weeks ago).  I used matte powder because I knew I was going to sweat and I wanted my skin to look healthy and glowy after a few hours, not shiny.

For the eyes, I just made sure to use two good primers + cream shadow: TFSI, Concealer and a MAC Paint Pot.

TIP: If during the day you feel you skin a little dry, keep in your purse a hydrating mist like MAC Fix+ Spray so you can use it at any time, I love it; If on the other hand you are all oily, Blotting paper is a MUST!. Do not keep using powder on top of your oily face. Blot first!

Here's a complete list of what I used:

FACE
Primer--Walgreens Sunscreen all over face and Smashbox Photofinish on T-zone
Foundation--Revlon ColorStay in True Beige mixed with a small amount of MAC Strobe Liquid
Concealer--Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer, #10 on blemishes and some dark spots
Blush--MAC Sweet William CremeBlush and Hello Kitty Tippy Blush on top (applied very lightly)
Setting Powder--Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Beige (Medium 2-2.5) --This stuff ROCKS!
Setting Spray--MAC Fix+ Spray (awesome!)

EYES
Primer--TFSI, Makeup For Ever Full Coverage Concealer #10 and MAC Painterly Paint Pot
Eyeshadow--none, just the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder on top of primers
Eyebrows--MAC Eye Brow Pencil in Stud
Mascara--Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in Glam Black

LIPS


10:30 AM

7:00 PM


Not bad huh?

I hope to post another of my fave makeup combos for hot weather soon .


¡Vivan, amen y rían!

Blog Archive