NARS Orgasm vs. Milani Luminous vs. MAC Shy Beauty Blush comparison (and yes, I'm still here!)

Sorry for not posting much lately. I have been pretty busy these past few days and feeling all stressed out/depressed. But after a few days feeling really down, there always comes a time when I think enough is enough and it is better to "keep on walking".

Anyway, I haven't done any special look lately, just keeping it pretty neutral. I decided to do some swatches of some of the products I have.

I've been wanting to show you a comparison between Milani Mineral Blush in Luminous and the NARS blush in Orgasm, since I have read many reviews and comments about these two being really similar, almost the same. The only big (huge!) difference would be the price. I am also showing MAC's Shy Beauty Beauty Powder, since it looks similar in the pan to the other two.

Read my thoughts about the Milani Mineral Blush in Luminous HERE.

The NARS Orgasm blush...ahh, it's truly a dream. I was afraid it was all hype and that it would be a so-so product but wow, simply beautiful.

1. Orgasm is very very very very very soft. Did I mention it is really soft? That's one of the differences between Orgasm and Luminous. Luminous feel a bit mor harsh --not that it IS harsh, but you feel the difference when comparing it to Orgasm. The latter goes on like velvet, it is obviously a very fine milled powder blush---I do have NARS Exhibit A and it is also very soft and pigmented, I think NARS blushes are some if not the best ones out there.

2. You may have heard that the color is way too pretty. It is this pinkish peach color with golden shimmer like Luminous but I find Luminous to go more on the pink side (just a bit). But I mean, it's nothing too noticeable once it is on the cheeks, at least I feel that way.

3. Both have a gold shimmer but it seems Luminous has more of it. For this reason I am not using a highlighter on my cheeks anymore when using any of them. But do not be afraid, they have the right amount of shimmer, I think one does not look like a 70's shiny disco ball if this blush is used during daytime. For a night look you may want to use a darker shade or try the NARS Super Orgasm blush (I don't have this last one, but I have seen pics and it has more gold shimmer than the Orgasm).

4. I've read it looks amazing on all kind of skin tones (from the palest to the darkest). I'm a MAC NC40 girl and I've been told it looks good on me, but I don't think it will show much on ladies with darker skin.

5. I haven't mentioned MAC Shy Beauty Beauty Powder until now because frankly, it doesn't compare. Shy Beauty was described by MAC as a "pastel apricot with gold pearl" that may look similar in the pan, but you can see in the swatch it even looks chalky compared to the other two. I wrote "was described" because it was LE. It is extremely pretty, it does has some shimmer, but nothing similar to other blushes, AT LEAST ON MY SKIN.

6. Price: NARS Orgasm--$25 USD; MAC Shy Beauty--$17.50 USD (LE blush, not available right now at MAC); MILANI Luminous--$5-6 USD

***For me Luminous IS pretty similar to Orgasm, but is not the same as some other ladies have mentioned.***

All in all, these blushes are really pretty and excellent quality, yes, including Milani's Luminous. Though I wouldn't buy Shy Beauty again (if MAC re-releases it again), I will certainly buy Orgasm as long as I can. If I don't have the $25, I will go to Kmart and get the Luminous blush--simple as that.

***For the big price difference, I think it's wise to give Luminous a try b4 getting Orgasm.

Now, I've made swatches of all three. I swatched under artificial and natural lighting.

Now you be the judge!






t
Natural Lighting

Natural Lighting





Natural Lighting






Hope you find this post helpful.


¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!
(Live, Love & Laugh!)

Blog Archive