Beauty Product of the Week: SkinRise Bionic Tonic

What is it? Exuviance SkinRise Bionic Tonic is "an intense moisturizing, antioxidant tonic with PHA anti-aging benefits. This powerful toning, moisturizing, antioxidant and anti-aging product will awaken your skin, spirit and senses. Will result in revealing a healthy, radiant complexion, with enhanced clarity, smoothness and youthful glow. Contains Vitamins A, C and E and green tea extracts to help protect the skin from the damaging effects of free radicals and harmful environmental factors. For stressed skin, use in place of your daily toner. Packaged in convenient single use pads. Follow with moisturizing sunscreen SPF 15. For all skin types. (Made of a) blend of Polyhydroxys including Gluconolactone, Glucoheptonolactone and Lactobionic Acid Marine botanicals (that) help moisturize and condition the skin; eucalyptus and cucumber refine and stimulate; grapefruit and peppermint extracts refresh and purify. Oil-free, Alcohol-free" Available for online for $40.

What did you think? When I first got this product in the mail to try, I tried it in the morning. Big mistake! My skin was way too shiny and felt too tight. But when I used it at night I really liked it.

You just wipe the pad over your clean face and let the product do it's job. I really felt like one pad coated my skin well. It was almost like I had a face mask on! It made my skin not only feel coated, but slightly shimmery and tacky. I felt well hydrated. In the morning, my skin feels soft and well moisturized.

The pads remind me of Oxy pads I used when I was a kid to battle zits. The product has a very fresh though somewhat strong smell. I get the grapefruit but not the peppermint. Either way, when I swipe it over my skin, it makes my face feel a bit tingly--and I like that!

The final verdict? I've been using this product for a few weeks now and, like I said, it does make my skin feel soft. I'm not sure it's doing much else that I can see, but it is pleasant and easy enough to use. Also, I've been using it about every other day since it does feel so hydrating. That means I can stretch the pads out longer, which is a good thing since each pad costs more than $1.00.

Blog Archive