Week of Beauty Products (4): Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask

What is it? Neutorgena's Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask "is a breakthrough acne-fighting formula that can be used two ways:
  • As a Daily Cleanser to kill the bacteria that can cause blackheads and breakouts. Gently massage the rich creamy lather over skin and rinse with water.
  • As an Intensive Mask for deep cleansing and extra oil control. Smooth an even layer over skin, allowing the formula to penetrate for up to 5 minutes before rinsing with water. You'll feel it's cooling intensity build as it penetrates into the pores."
Available at drugstores for less than $8.00

What did you think? I used this both ways--as a face wash and as a mask. As a fave wash, I found this product to be over-drying. I don't have acne-prone skin and prefer something a bit more gentle for an everyday cleanser.

As a mask, this product is much better. It goes on cool and then kind of tingles as it sits. I guess the tingle is how you know it's working? Anyway, it leaves my skin feeling very clean and like I dunked my face in menthol. And that's not a negative comment!

Be careful with this product for two reasons:

1) It can make your skin dry out. Be sure to follow up with a moisturizer if necessary.
2) It contains benzoyl peroxide so it can stain or discolor fabrics (especially towels....just ask me how I know!).

The final verdict? It's a good price and it's made by normally reliable Neutrogena, so that's a plus. Watch out for over-drying (and be careful with your towels) and you're set. I would recommend it for use as a mask to avoid the over-drying issue.

Blog Archive