My first ELF Studio Cosmetics products

Hello! I know I've hardly post anything new in the past few days. I haven't had too much time to blog because well, my kids started the new semester at school. That alone means crazy time around my house.  I also had to deal with one of them having an eye infection and then I had a mini car accident, nothing serious but still... Ahh, all crazy, I tell you!

Anyway, I recently ordered some ELF products from their Studio Line. I think I spent like $16 USD for what I consider a lot of good stuff.  Yes, I already tried most of them and I AM impressed.  Now, I will start by telling you my that thoughts about these products are profoundly affected by how cheap they are.  So based in that, I think the products are really amazing. 

I liked how smooth the whole the transaction went: I placed an order and received it in less than 7 calendar days.  I paid with Paypal and since I didn't have an account to check my order status, I sent ELF an email which was quickly replied with the info I required.  Shipping was free, I used one of ELF coupons.  So that was a good start.

**All Pics Are Clickable**


Here's what I got:

1.  HD Loose Powder  -- $ 6.00
2.  Contouring Blush&Bronzing Powder -- $ 3.00
3.  Blush in Candid Coral -- $ 3.00
4.  Eyelash & Eyebrow Brush -- $ 1.00
5.  Studio Powder Brush -- $ 3.00

The HD Powder goes on invisible as they say. It does have a small amount of reflective particles but nothing that will make you look like a disco ball. No strong smell, super smooth texture and it controls oil really really well. The packaging is beautiful but I recommend keeping the plastic protector that the powder comes with (covering the small holes) so the it doesn't get all out. If not...well, I imagine it can get really messy. This product hasn't broke me out so that's super good.



The Contouring Blush&Bronzing Powder supposedly is a NARS Blush/Bronzing Duo dupe. I don't know about that but I think it is pretty good, I really like the colors!  The powder is not as finely milled as I would like and the compact can get a bit messy. But I do not care about that.  Lovely packaging, very elegant.  The blush does have a tiny bit of shimmer in it.




The Candid Coral blush is quite good too, but I don't love it just because the color is similar to the blush in the blush&bronzing duo, they look almost the same on my NC 35-37 skintone.  Texture is the same as the products on the Duo, can be considered a bit chalky, pigmentation is decent.




Oh, I read about the blush of the Blush&Bronzing Powder Duo being similar to NARS Orgasm Blush.  It is not.  Orgasm is more pink and has more shimmer.  Here are some swatches of the products.



About the brushes, I just had to try the Studio Powder Brush. Wow, it is ridiculously soft. I haven't used it yet, it looks promising. I'm looking to use it for foundation, powders and blending products on my skin.  I wanted the spoolie brush just to have it on my makeup bag at all times and hey, it was just a buck. =)





All in all, I'm very satisfied with my haul.  Hope my pictures are helpful to you.


¡Hasta luego mi gente!



¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!

Blog Archive