Hairy Situation, Part 1

I was on vacation and didn't have the TV on (except to play the Wii!), but I keep hearing about Mo'Nique's legs at the Golden Globes. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, apparently Golden Globe winner and Precious star, Mo'Nique, cause quite a stir because she did not shave her legs for the awards ceremony. From the little I know about Mo'Nique, I hear that she's not a fan of leg shaving...can't say I blame her.

Anyway, the photo above is making its way around the web and everyone in the world seems to be chiming in. People (especially a surprising number of woman) are slamming Mo'Nique for going au natural, calling it "disgusting" and "shocking" that she would hit the red carpet with some extra fur of her own on her legs.

Here are my two cents on the whole deal:
  • My initial thought? Who cares about Mo'Nique's (or anyone else's) legs? Honestly, don't we have more important things to worry about?
  • Having said that, it does look a little weird to see a woman in a formal gown, with her hair and makeup done, with unshaved legs. It's not something we're used to. That doesn't mean that it's right or wrong...it's just different.
  • As much as I hate shaving my legs (and I really, really do), I am absolutely certain that if I were going to attend a major awards ceremony, I'd take the time to shave my legs.
Mo'Nique's legs will (hopefully) stop being a source of discussion soon enough, but I ask you: hairy legs at a formal event: In or Out? I say it's an out just because it looks so damn out of place. Leave me your thoughts!

Blog Archive